FoodLab Request for Proposal -- 2019 Catering Services
FoodLab remains committed to providing market opportunities for FoodLab members to grow their businesses. FoodLab Detroit is currently seeking proposals to provide catering for our programming sessions from March 2019 - December 2019.
- We’re looking for one FoodLab member business to provide the catering services for each event below. (IE: one business to provide ALL of the Servsafe lunches). If you’re not available for all of the dates listed, please do not submit a proposal for that event.
- Unless otherwise specified, it’s assumed proposals and budget will include serveware, plates/napkins/cutlery, and drinks appropriate for the event.
- Programming locations are being confirmed but all events will take place in Detroit
2019 Opportunities Currently Available:
- Dates: April 17, 24, & May 1; July 17, 24, & 31; October 16, 23, & 30
- Type of Food: Appetizers for up to 18 people
- Budget: $150/week, $1,350 total
- Dates: March 18, April 20, May 20, June 15, July 15, August 17, September 16, October 19, November 18
- Type of Food: Lunch for up to 12 people, including beverage
- Budget: $10/person
- Dates: March 13, 20, 27; April 3, 10, 17, 24; May 1, 8, 15, 22, 29; June 5, 12, & 19
- Type of Food: Dinner for up to 15 people, including beverages
- Budget: $15/person
- Dates: March 1, April 5, June 7, July 5, September 6, October 4, December 6
- Type of Food: Continental breakfast/pastries for up to 20 people (no beverages)
- Budget: $150/session, $1,050
- Dates: May 6, August 5, November 4
- Type of Food: Light appetizers
- Budget: $300/session, $900 total
- Dates: March 18, April 15, May 20, July 15, August 19, September 16, October 21, November 18
- Type of Food: Cocktails
- Budget: $175 / session, $1,400 total
NOTE: If you’re not interested/available for the opportunities above but would still like to be considered for any additional catering opportunities provided by FoodLab in 2019, you must still submit a proposal and fulfill all requirements according to the timeline below.
- Be a current FoodLab member, up to date on your membership dues.
- If your membership is up for renewal during the contract period, you must renew your membership or the contract will be rescinded.
- Fill out the 2019 Preferred Caterers Form no later than 5PM on February 15.
- Form will be live beginning January 28
- Submit the following documents no later than 5PM on February 15:
- Completed W9, Copy of up to date Servsafe Certification, Copy of General Liability Insurance, Copy of MDARD, local city/county food operating license, or certificate from licensed kitchen you’re operating from.
- Attend the FoodLab Catering Skillshares on January 21 and February 18
- Skillshare: How to Become a FoodLab Preferred Caterer Part 1, Monday, January 21
- Application Opens - Monday, January 28
- RFP Proposals Accepted - Monday, January 28 to Friday, February 15 at 5PM
- Required Paperwork Accepted - Monday, January 28 to Friday, February 15 at 5PM
- Skillshare: How to Become a FoodLab Preferred Caterer Part 2, Monday, February 18
- Preferred Caterers Announced & Contacted by February 25
How will caterers be chosen?
- Are active members of the FoodLab community
- Are dedicated to running a triple-bottom line business and living up to FoodLab’s Guiding Principles
- Serve quality products, using local ingredients when possible
- Incorporate “green practices” into their business as much as possible
- Are on-time, professional, and provides excellent customer service
- Receive positive feedback from our partners after completed events
FoodLab Catering Guide
More questions? Contact catering [at] foodlabdetroit.com.