FoodLab Request for Proposal -- 2019 Preferred Vendors
FoodLab and Integrity Shows are teaming up for the third year to present a traveling FoodLab culinary tent for specialty food producers ONLY. FoodLab remains committed to providing market opportunities for FoodLab members to grow their businesses. FoodLab Detroit is currently seeking proposals for vendors to sell their products at events from June - August 2019.
FoodLab's culinary tent aims to showcase "food crafters" in the FoodLab community who are dedicated to their craft and who produce sustainable foods. This culinary tent is our way of celebrating & providing an opportunity for the thoughtful and responsible food crafters in our community to connect with the growing number of consumers that value quality, care & craftsmanship.
Now in our third year: FoodLab's culinary tent will only feature products in one of the following categories: chocolate, coffee, tea, fresh-pressed juices, baker's confections, honey, healthy snacks, pantry items, pickles, preserves, sauces, and oils.
If you are producing a delicious, authentic, well-crafted and responsibly produced consumer packaged good in one of the categories mentioned above, please consider applying.
Want to learn more? Attend our 2019 Culinary Tent Preferred Vendor Info Session on April 5. Details here!
2019 Opportunities Currently Available:
OPPORTUNITY #1: Palmer Park Art Fair
- Dates: June 1 from 10AM-7PM & June 2 from 11AM-5PM
- Location: Palmer Park, Detroit
- Estimated attendees of 10,000+
- Cost to participate is $200
OPPORTUNITY #2: Jazzin at the Vanity
- Dates: June 29 f rom 12PM-7PM & June 30 from 1PM-7PM
- Location: Vanity Ballroom, 1024 Newport St, Detroit
- Cost to participate is $200
OPPORTUNITY #3: Belle Isle Art Fair
- Dates: August 3 from 10AM-7PM & August 4 from 11AM-5PM
- Location: Belle Isle, Detroit
- Estimated # of attendees 25,000+
- Cost to participate is $230
- Be a current FoodLab member, up to date on your membership dues.
- If your membership is up for renewal during the contract period, you must renew your membership or the contract will be rescinded.
- You must be a packaged food vendor either operating out of a commercially licensed kitchen with the proper licensing from MDARD or local city/county food agency OR Operating a business under the Michigan Cottage Food Law and complying with labeling, adulteration, and other provisions found in the Michigan Food Law, as well as other applicable state or federal laws, or local ordinances.
- Fill out the 2019 Preferred Vendors Form here and submit the following documents listed below no later than 5PM on April 19. Please send items below to catering [at] foodlabdetroit.com.
- Copy of up to date Servsafe Certification
- Copy of General Liability Insurance
- Copy of MDARD, local city/county food operating license, or certificate from licensed kitchen you’re operating from (if applicable).
- A photo of your product/packaging
- Your business logo
- Attend a mandatory vendors meeting to be scheduled in May.
- RFP released - Wednesday, March 26
- RFP Proposals Accepted - Wednesday, March 26 to Friday, April 19 at 5PM
- Preferred Caterers Announced & Contacted by April 24
How will vendors be chosen?
We will prioritize businesses that:
Preference will be given to those that are active members of the FoodLab community
Are dedicated to running a triple-bottom line business and living up to FoodLab’s Guiding Principles & Vendor Guidelines
Serve quality products, using local ingredients when possible
Incorporate “green practices” into their business as much as possible
Are on-time, professional, and provides excellent customer service
Receive positive feedback from our partners after completed events
More questions? Contact catering [at] foodlabdetroit.com.