Looking for ways to support Good Food in and around Detroit?
Whether you're a FoodLab business member, partner organization, ally, or just getting to know us, there are many other simple ways to support healthy, fair, accessible, sustainable food in Detroit. One is to volunteer time and talent or make a contribution to support our ongoing work. Here are a few other ideas:
If you’re a business owner, block-club leader, work at an organization, or otherwise bring people together, maybe you might:
- Hire Detroit-area caterers for your events;
- Use Detroit-area food products as employee gifts and perks;
- If you have a retail space, consider carrying and featuring a Detroit-made section in your store (check out the FoodLab member directory for ideas);
- Host a pop-up in your space;
- Invite us to come speak or present on our work or topics related to sustainable business, good food business, food justice, or sustainable economic development at an event you're organizing.
- Want a FoodLab business to cater your next event? Fill out our catering form and we'll get you in touch with our caterers. Planning an event and need food vendors? Fill out our event form and have access to over 100 food businesses!
- For help with any of these, get in touch with us at info [at] foodlabdetroit.com.
If you're an eater:
- Patronize locally owned restaurants and diners. Check out the FoodLab member directory for ideas.
- Support crowdsourcing campaigns such as those on Patronicity.
- Volunteer with a local food business. If you’re interested in being matched with a business, email us at info [at] foodlabdetroit.com.
- Volunteer with a local agriculture or permaculture organization like Keep Growing Detroit, D-Town Farms, Food Field, Oakland Ave. Gardens and Farmers’ Market, Feedom Freedom Growers, or Earthworks Urban Farm.
- Attend a Detroit Food Policy Council meeting and get involved in a working group.
- Explore other Detroit-based food justice and local and sustainable living organizations.
- Detroit Black Community Food Security Network
- Detroit Bioneers
- Detroit Community Markets
- Detroit Eastern Market
- Detroit Food Academy
- Detroiters Working for Environmental Justice
- Fair Food Network
- Forgotten Harvest
- Gleaners Community Food Bank
- Green Garage Detroit
- Keep Growing Detroit
- Neighbors Building Brightmoor
- Seed Wayne
- Slow Food Detroit Central City
- Uprooting Racism Planting Justice