Do you have a family recipe that your friends and family just rave about? Do you have the passion, desire and motivation to start your own food business at a local market? Join our Launching and Running a Hobby Food Business at Local Markets workshop series that explores storytelling, crafting a pitch, accessing funds, and other practical tools for early stage entrepreneurs. We guide you through a hands-on process of clarifying the business idea, finding the customers, evaluating the opportunities, calculating your cost of goods and laying the foundation for the business to thrive.
We will discuss resources that businesses can pursue, and platforms that you can leverage to catalyze you food-business for community good. This module is 4-weeks long and includes a speed-mentoring session on the last week.
This class is right for you if:
- You want to know how to turn your favorite recipe/product into a marketable product
When it comes to a food business, you are:
- Interested in starting up/in the beginning stages
- Looking for information on the legal requirements
- Wondering “what do I do next” as it relates to getting your product to market
- Unsure if starting a food business is right for you
- Looking for resources that are available to aid in starting
- Unsure how to accurately cost your product and price it for retail
Programming designed by In The Business of Food & FoodLab Detroit
- Wednesday, July 25th from 6pm - 8pm
- Wednesday, August 1st from 6pm - 8pm
- Wednesday, August 8th from 6pm - 8pm
- Wednesday, August 15th from 6pm - 8pm
All workshops will take place at Grand River WorkPlace. Light snacks will be provided.